Today is a Happy Day.
Reasons to be happy:
1) Obama is ending the Global Gag Rule.
2) It's sunny out.
3) The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act passed the Senate.
4) I passed my Government exam.
5) Gov. Paterson's Senate pick, Kristen Gillibrand, supports marriage equality, a repeal of DOMA, and the end of Don't Ask Don't Tell. (This is a flip-flop on her part, but hey, I'll take it.)
6) It's the weekend.
7) President Obama released a statement reaffirming Roe v. Wade on its anniversary yesterday, making him the first president to do so in almost a decade.
8) I'm buying a new notebook today.
All this, and I'm only halfway through my blog roll. God, I love Fridays. And I get to spend all weekend doing social justice stuff at church. Whoo!
What made you happy this week?