His advice of things the Republican party should not do is divided into "Hypocrisy, Hyperbole, History and Hatred," the last being excerpted here, but the citations are missing from my version, so you really should go read the whole thing to get the whole impressive effect. This guy did his research and it's both amazing and mildly terrifying.
You have to condemn those among you who:
* call members of Congress n*gger and f*ggot;
* elected leaders who say "I'm a proud racist";
* say that poor people are poor because they're rotten people, call them "parasitic garbage" or say they shouldn't be allowed to vote;
* call women bitches and prostitutes just because you don't like their politics ( re - pea -ted - ly );
* assert that the women who are serving our nation in uniform are hookers;
* advocate euthanizing the wife of your political opponent;
* casually assume that only white males look "like a real American";
* assert presidential power to authorize torture, torture a child by having his testicles crushed in front of his parents to get them to talk, order the massacre of a civilian village and launch a nuclear attack without the consent of Congress;
* condemn the one thing that every major religion agrees on;
* complain that we no longer employ the tactics we once used to disenfranchise millions of Americans because of their race;
* blame the victims of natural disasters and terrorist attacks for their suffering and losses;
* celebrate violence , joke about violence, prepare for violence or use violent imagery, "fun" political violence, hints of violence, threats of violence (this one is rather explicit), suggestions of violence or actual violence (and, really, suggesting anal rape with a hot piece of metal is beyond the pale)
what a depressingly eye-opening read...
Post a Comment